About Motor City Vet Care
Motor City Vet Care is founded by Dr. Marcy McKeithen, DVM. This house-call only veterinarian practice serves pets in Detroit, MI and surrounding areas.
Why house calls?
Dr. Marcy knew she had to make her dream of becoming a veterinarian a reality when her cat, Star, started to get ill. (She wasn’t a veterinarian at the time.) Like many cats, trips to the vet were not fun for her nor any staff who had to handle her.
Dr. Marcy knows in her heart that if she had a veterinarian that could come to her home to perform her Star’s follow-ups, she could’ve provided her a much longer, more comfortable life. Every effort surrounding this practice is with her beloved Star in mind.
Dr. Marcy’s work with animals in clinics, hospitals, shelters, emergency rooms, and operating rooms has made it very clear that clinical medicine is stressful for almost everyone involved: the patients of course, but also their caregivers. Even the veterinary team.
A house call may be exactly what your family needs to provide the veterinary care that you’ve always wanted for your pet. Every visit is tailor made to your family and pet to ensure that the experience is enjoyable by all parties involved.
Who is Dr. Marcy?
- Native Detroiter and graduate of Cass Technical High School
- Graduated with honors from Florida A&M University with a Bachelor’s in Animal Science
- Earned her Veterinary Doctorate from the University of Florida
- She has practiced in multiple states in the U.S. and Europe
- She has worked in general practice and emergency hospitals
- Although she loves being a veterinarian, her dream job was originally to be a NCAA Football Mascot
- Her favorite animal on the planet is a penguin, specifically an Emperor penguin
- She was, is, and forever will be a marching band geek! (Shout out Cass Tech Marching Band and FAMU Marching “100”)